Namah Te dear All,
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, constantly and unconditionally Joyous!
In January, 60 young adults gathered in Houston to explore Face Everything And Rise.
In February, 75 young adults gathered in San Jose to explore Lift Yourself By Yourself.
What was the vision of these Retreats? By remembering the Divine always, we live for the Divine always. By living for the Divine always, we feel Divine always.
We continue with our remembrance of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita‘s Chapter 4 Verses 24-30. Our guide to the Divine is our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (February 20, 2017) — Dedicated Living – Part 2
- tapa yajna - yajna (dedication) creates varsha (potential) which creates anna (prosperity) which creates praja (people) – by envisioning the mind as the offering and voluntary discipline as the offered to, we will burn (tapa) our comfort zones, our likes/dislikes, our divisions
- yoga yajna – our Upanishad-s expound how dedication is God (yajno vai Vishnuh) – by envisioning the equipments as the offering and development as the offered to, we will commence perpetually bettering ourselves and cease wastefully comparing others
- svadhyaya yajna – the visionary are focussed on the right to actions, in the present and in control, not the right to results, in the future and out of control – by envisioning the ego as the offering and inquiry as the offered to, we will realize I is not the ever-changing identifier, I is ever-lasting Illumination
- jnana yajna – the visionary have a arpana buddhi (dedication of their actions) for this catalyzes a prasada buddhi (acceptance of their results) – by envisioning ignorance as the offering and knowledge as the offered to, we will rediscover we are not separate, ending the endless game of feeling small, feeling sad, feeling stress, feeling stuck
- prana yajna – instinct is to live by a lust for life ever interested on getting, intention is to live by a love for life ever interested on giving – by envisioning one’s physiology as the offering and discipline as the offered to, we will not torture our faculties of inhalation, excretion, digestion, circulation and protection rather we will preserve these precious gifts
- anna yajna – sans dedication one is alive, not living – by envisioning food as the offering and discipline as the offered to, we will treat the growing, preparing and eating of food as functional, nothing more and certainly nothing less
An error in one of the reflections in the last E-Vichara is corrected below with the missing words in bold:
brahma yajna – yajna only manifests when the ego is being connected to Divinity – by envisioning ego as the offering and Divinity as the offered to, we will nurture humility with every experience until we no longer feel separation
Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Would you like to know how to evolve from ordinary to extraordinary? Please experience the following talks on the foundation of leadership based on Chanakya’s Niti Shastra — Lift Yourself By Yourself
Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW): "I bought the world’s worst thesaurus yesterday. Not only is it terrible, it’s terrible!"
Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW): In June many nature lovers and adrenaline lovers will revel in SHARK WEEK! Well, for all the lovers of Divinity and lovers of development we have HANUMAN MONTH!
March 27-30 in Cleveland — Holistic Development through Hanuman Chalisa Discourse Series
March 31 in Cleveland — The Philosophy and Practice of Hanuman Puja Workshop
April 1 in Cleveland — Hanuman Chalisa-thon — to sponsor a chant for your prosperity/peace and to help us raise funds for our first Centre, register at — Dana Yajna for Hanumanji in Cleveland
April 10-14 in Vichara Gurukula — Human to Hanuman Virtual Discourse Series — stay tuned to our website for this novel strategy to spread devotion and how fortunate that we can all celebrate Hanuman Jayanti on Tue Apr 11 together! — Jnana Yajna for Hanumanji in Vichara Gurukula
April 22 in Pittsburgh — Hanuman Chalisa-thon — to sponsor a chant for your prosperity/peace and to help us raise funds for our new Centre, register at — Dana Yajna for Hanumanji in Pittsburgh
April 30 in Niagara — Hanuman Chalisa-thon
Finally, our TED Nomination Campaign is complete. We are confident we have inspired 1,000 nominations by Mahashivaratri. Now we wait to see whether Vak Devi (Sarasvati) wishes for us to speak on a world stage or not…either way this is fun!
"Teach the mind to smile forth in joy. In a smiling joyous mind, divinity seeks its shelter." ~ Swami Chinmayananda
(each of the below links are forums for further reflection)
Chinmaya Mission Niagara
Chinmaya Mission London
Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh
Chinmaya Mission Cleveland
Chinmaya Yuva Kendra West
Chinmaya International Foundation