Namah Te dear All,
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, constantly and unconditionally Joyous!
Think about why you woke up this morning.
Think about why you ‘ran around’ this afternoon.
Think about why you returned home this evening.
Think about why you move…
By thinking, we replace facing everything and running to facing everything and RISING (F E A R)! Let us think about what moves us by moving with our E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (January 23, 2017) — F E A R
- stagnation – a personality refusing every kind of force is one which simply does not change – such people are tamasik, such people are fear-full
- provocation – a personality subject to external forces which push one down – such people are tamasik-rajasik, such people are nervous
- motivation – a personality subject to external forces which push one up – such people are rajasik, such people are daring
- inspiration – a personality subject to internal forces which push one up – such people are rajasik-sattvik, such people are adventurous
- love – a personality subject to internal forces which pull one up – such personalities are sattvik, such people are courageous
- Being – a personality beyond every kind of force is one which simply is Changeless – such personalities are Brahman and so are fear-less
Think about why you move…on account of being fear-full, nervous, daring, adventurous, courageous or fear-less?
Some of you may have noticed an error in one of the reflections in the last E-Vichara. Below is the corrected reflection with the missing word bolded:
meaningfully – every day every one moves closer to death so who has the time to waste with talking about pleasure, possession, position – becoming more enlightened is learning to say no to speaking or hearing any subject that does not revolve around Peace
Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW): Analyze your morning, afternoon and evening and for each period decide what the dominant moving force was based on the above framework.
Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW):
Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW):
Do you want to learn how to be an awesome parent? Join us for Spiritual Parenting: The Vision of Dedication — Mar 10 – 12 in Chicago
Do you want to learn how to be an awesome person? Join us for Dedicated Living — March 17 – 19 in London
"Be alert to act and serve, not anxious to plan and worry." ~ Swami Chinmayananda
(each of the below links are forums for further reflection)
Chinmaya Mission Niagara
Chinmaya Mission London
Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh
Chinmaya Mission Cleveland
Chinmaya Yuva Kendra West
Chinmaya International Foundation