Set up a National Seva Project Stall and Sell Chinmaya Publication Books at each and every event hosted.
- Advertise books that connect with the theme of the event occurring.
- See Appendix H.i for more information.
Make tri-folds, powerpoints or posters with information and events occurring. Include information on the local CHYK chapters and local jCHYK groups existing in the area to help build awareness and increase the attendance to such groups.
Make tri-folds, powerpoints or posters with information on YEP 2016.
- Answer questions such as “What is YEP,” “When and where is the next YEP course,” “Why should I go to YEP.”
- See Appendix H.iii for more information.
Make tri-folds, powerpoints or posters with information on CORD USA.
- Answer questions such as “What is CORD”, “How can I get involved.”
- See Appendix H.iv for more information.
January and February 2015: Undergo Training Session 1 and 2
- Training Sessions | Round 1
- A series of online webinars which occurred in December 2014.
- The links to these webinars are available below under “Training Videos”.
Please view these webinars if you were not able to do so in December 2014.
- Training Sessions | Round 2
- CHYK West SouthWest Central Regional Planning Conference
- January 17 -19, 2015 at Chinmaya Mission Saaket in Dallas, Texas January 16th-18th
- CHYK West NorthEast Regional Planning Conference
- February 13-16, 2015 at Chinmaya Mission Badri in Chicago, Illinois.
- In conjunction with the CHYK West “Love Thyself” Retreat
If you are not able to attend either of the above conferences, please email email@example.com in order to be debriefed with the necessary information.
- Establish a local JoY Committee.
- Ensure this group is committed and reliable.
- Inform the group of the Jyoti Yatra purpose, overview, and objectives.
- Inform the group of the dates that your center will host the Jyoti.
- Go over the JoY Manual with this committee.
- You may forward the links for the training webinars to your committee members.
- Introduce yourself to the local board members & Acharya(s) as the local JoY coordinator. You may also want to introduce the rest of your committee. Formally request a meeting time with the board members & Acharya(s) to discuss the Chinmaya Jyoti Yatra.
- If you need help reaching out to your local center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try to ensure as many local board members, Acharya(s), and/or committee members can attend as possible.
- Provide all attendees with a hard copy of the JoY Manual. We recommend hole punching these copies and organizing each into a folder or binder to be given to the meeting attendees.
- Place the Presentation Handouts (see downloads section below) at the beginning of the folder or binder. This should be the first item which attendees see. Explain that the handout can be used to take notes during the presentation. They should also select probable events to organize during the month of hosting the Jyoti.
- Familiarize yourself with the Manual, preparing to go over it in its entirety at the meeting. The Manual is already laid out in a presentation format, so prepare to present it using a projector & screen, along with the hard copies you provide to the board members & Acharya(s).
- Pass out Presentation Handouts and explain how to use them (details in 4e above).
- Present JoY Manual to local board members & Acharya(s).
- Ask local board members & Acharya(s):
- Which events do they think are possible to occur at the center when hosting the Jyoti?
- What dates would they like those events to be held?
- Do they have any questions?
If the local board members & Acharya(s) have questions which you are not able to answer, inform them that you will find out the answer and respond to them ASAP. (Please email email@example.com or call your Platoon leader to find out the answer to the question.)
- After you receive the board members & Acharya(s) blessings:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your platoon leader with the list of events your center will be doing and the dates the events will occur.
- Set up a conference with the JoY Core Team and your platoon leader to discuss what types of preparation, coordination, and organization efforts must happen to make your plans a successful reality.
- Meet with the local JoY Committee.
- Delegate the work.
- Ensure AT LEAST one member can attend each event.
- Start planning for your events.
- Throughout the process:
- Use the Budget Sheet (see download section below) in the manual as you are planning and executing your host month plans. Emil the completed budget sheet to email@example.com after your host month, so that we are able to help advise the next centers hosting the Jyoti with estimations for events.
- Feel free to collaborate with the JoY Core Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org during this planning process. From them you can get information on the other JoY events happening across the continent, and also access photos, videos, and other media from these events.
Two months before hosting the Jyoti | PLAN:
- Finalize all plans.
- Know who is leading each event.
- Have one person in charge of taking pictures of the each event.
- Regularly update the local board members & Acharya(s) with the finalized plan for each event being hosted.
One month before hosting the Jyoti | ADVERTISE:
- Flyers, social media, announcements at the Mission, and other publicity channels available at each center should be utilized.
- For social media: Post pictures taken at meetings conducted to plan for events and the taken at the actual events themselves. Post these on the Chinmaya Jyoti Yatra Facebook page with the hashtag #JyotiYatra.
- Advertise online with the same hashtag!
During the month while hosting the Jyoti | EXECUTE THE PLAN:
- Have a member or two taking photographs of preparation for and occurrence of the events, and recording the lectures by the visiting Acharyas.
- Post these on the Chinmaya Jyoti Yatra Facebook page with the hashtag #JyotiYatra AND email the material to email@example.com in order to be integrated onto the CHYK West website.
After the month of hosting the Jyoti | REFLECT:
- Conduct another group meeting and discuss the month of events. Please email the Platoon leader and firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- What went well & what could have been improved
- Any advice you have for the next centers
- Was there anything your Platoon leader or the JoY Core could have done better do help this event go more smoothly?
- Contact the Platoon leader and obtain details on shipping the collected artwork/pieces created on Gurudev’s names from your center. These will be showcased at the Chinmaya Mission West Mahasamadhi Camp in 2016.
- Scan and email your completed budget sheet (see download section below) to email@example.com.
Below is the layout of an ideal plan for the month during which your CM center is hosting the Jyoti.
|WK 1||(30th-31th) Receive Jyoti||Paduka Puja in Devotee’s Homes w/ Acharya discourses on Gurudev’s name||The Gurudev – Musical|
|WK 2||Yuva Rhythm’s Music Night||Paduka Puja in Devotee’s Homes||Jnana Sangam||Art Exhibition|
|WK 3||Acharya Discourses||Paduka Puja in Devotee’s Homes||Inspiration Satsang||He Did It Tournament|
|WK 4||Jyoti Yatr-thon March||Paduka Puja in Devotee’s Homes w/ Acharya discourses on Gurudev’s name||Samashti Paduka Puja||(30th-31th) Send Jyoti to next center|
*On A Quest |Biopic on Gurudevt: The screening of this film will depend on a separate but parallel timeline.. The film may or may not release during the month when the Jyoti is at your center; however, you should still undertake the marketing and publicity as suggested in section 7.xi.
Sat Guru Maharaj Ki – JAI!
Sat Guru Maharaj Ki – JAI!
Sat Guru Maharaj Ki – JAI!