Namah Te from Orlando!
i hope this message finds all my fellow seekers infinitely, constantly and unconditionally Joyous!
yatha drishti tatha srishti I (As your vision, as is living.)
A scientist, artist and lover would all ‘see’ a flower differently, no? Well as seekers, all we ‘see’ should be Divine, no?
To help train our vision to ‘see’ the Truth, last E-Vichara we studied a famous bhajan which can easily fill the mind with thoughts of God. This week we study a famous song (Separate Ways by Journey) which demands concentration to transform the meaning from romance to devotion. Exploration, concentration, transformation, E-Vichara…
E-Vichara (March 20, 2017) — Separate Ways
- Here we stand, worlds apart, hearts broken in two – forgetting the nature of Infinity, we believe we are separate from God, causing us to feel small, sad, stress, stuck
- Feeling that it’s gone, can change your mind – our identification with the body is so comprehensive, this hallucination has become our reality
- Troubled times caught between confusions and pain – if clarity creates conviction and confidence, then confusion creates fear and sorrow
- If you must go, I wish you love, you’ll never walk alone – even when we follow ignorance, God is looking at us which means God is looking after us
- Someday love will find you, break those chains that bind you – the moment we are intensely aware of the nature of sorrow we will run to Joy, or the moment we are intensely aware of the nature of Joy we will run from sorrow
- If he ever hurts you, true love won’t desert you, you know I still love you – God’s ambassador is the Guru, dispatched to free us from dependency, a flow of love expressing as the purest intention whether we understand this or not…
Reflection Adventure of the Week (RAW):
Laughing Adventure of the Week (LAW):
(A roommate says to another roommate) I forgot my cellphone when I used the toilet yesterday. We have 216 tiles.
Satsanga Adventure of the Week (SAW):
Human to Hanuman — our virtual Jnana Yajna will begin in 1 week! We will celebrate Hanuman Jayanti together from Tue Apr 11 – Fri Apr 14 from 07.00p-08.30p EST with 60 minutes of discourse, 20 minutes of discussion (yes you will all breakout into discussions virtually!) and 10 minutes of dialogue. After each workshop, questions will be posted to the Vichara Gurukula to encourage further internalization. Remember, we will close the Classroom each evening after the first 101 students log in. Please check out Vichara Gurukula to ensure you do not miss out and spread the word as this opportunity is open to all — Intent to Attend
Youth on Facebook — In my travels i am fortunate to interact with many youth (high-schoolers). And i am observing a growing trend in restlessness, purposelessness, hopelessness. To combat this negativity, we have created –
- Junior Chinmaya Yuva Kendra West Page – everyday our team shares an inspiring and diverse resource for youth, for the families of youth, for the friends of youth, for those working with youth and on and on and on. Please explore the Page, like the Page and follow the Page and spread the word so social media serves a better cause — JCHYK West Page
- Junior Chinmaya Yuva Kendra West Group – the same inspiring resource is shared in our Group aspiring to engage our youth in a discussion amongst themselves about their challenges, their solutions, etc. This Group is ONLY for youth and the parents of youth to ensure a more meaningful interaction (if you are not a youth or parents of a youth please do not request to be part of the Group). Please explore the Group, share your questions/reflections and spread the word so social media serves a better cause — JCHYK West Group
The upcoming E-Vichara will be a 2 part series on The Shreya Parent. And these will be shared with you in a different strategy so stay tuned and pay attention…
"End the ego, and end the woe." ~ Swami Chinmayananda
(each of the below links are forums for further reflection)
Chinmaya Mission Niagara
Chinmaya Mission London
Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh
Chinmaya Mission Cleveland
Chinmaya Yuva Kendra West
Chinmaya International Foundation